- How do I find out when my actual subscription expires?
This info is available in the Main menu > Billing & Subscription > Account Statement section next to the “Paid through” heading.
- My subscription expires on a certain date. What happens after that?
All paid subscriptions are recurring, so, once your current subscription period ends, the service plan will be extended for the next period automatically and you will be charged for it. If you do not want the subscription to be extended automatically, take care to downgrade to the Read-only service plan before the next invoice is issued.
- I do not want an automated extension of the subscription. What can I do about it?
Take care to downgrade to the Read-only service plan before the date on which your subscription is to be extended automatically. Check the date at Main menu > Billing & Subscription > Account Statement (see the “Paid through” line).
If you miss this date, contact our Support Team.
- What is the difference between project sharing and White Label?
Project sharing means that users with different WebCEO accounts, including free trial/read-only accounts, can get access to the same project with the same rights and options as the owner of that project. The only limitation in working with a shared project is that nobody except the owner can delete it. With normal project sharing, your collaborators will create their own free accounts at online.webceo.com and, before or after they do this, you will assign their email addresses to a project or projects in User Manager.
With White Label, your collaborators will logon to your own domain or sub-domain and NOT online.webceo.com.
Project sharing and White Label can’t act simultaneously. If one activates a White Label domain, members of a User Group for shared projects will automatically become users for the White Label domain, each initially assigned to the specific user role “Client (CAN NOT add projects)”. They will have to logon from your assigned domain and not online.webceo.com. You can change anyone’s user role and upgrade anyone you wish to an administrative role for adding and deleting projects.
- What is a User Role?
A user role is a set of rights and restrictions for a user working on your own domain or sub-domain. This option is only active if you use the White Label service. WebCEO provides eight default user roles in the settings, and the White Label plan owner can edit the existing user roles, as well as create new ones.
The default user roles are:
- Project Manager (Admin);
- SEO Specialist;
- SEO Sales;
- Client (CAN add projects);
- Client (CANNOT add projects);
- Trial user (CAN add a limited number of projects depending on the scan limits you apply to free users);
- Viewer (read-only reports);
- Translator (Not allowed to add projects, allowed to participate in the interface translation).
A description for each role and the rights associated with it can be found in the “Roles Manager” section: click the “Users” icon at the right top of the WebCEO window and choose “Roles Manager”. Then click the gear icon next to each role to view the description and settings for the chosen user role.
- Can I add a URL with a subfolder or a certain page URL as a project?
Subfolders can be added as separate projects: one can have a project with a URL like www.domain.com/folder/. However, please note that when you try adding a single page URL as a project, the URL will be automatically truncated to the last subfolder.
- How do I know a project was shared to me and who the owner of the shared project is?
Shared projects appear in Dashboard with a human-shaped icon on the left. Hover the mouse over that icon, and you will see the registration email of the project owner.
- HOW CAN I REDUCE COSTS? (AGENCY UNLIMITED PLAN)
A good idea when you share a project with others is to control your expenses on scans with Project Scan Limits. Scan limits will ensure that scanning fees do not exceed certain amounts. To configure your own scan limits, click the "Users" icon at the right top of the WebCEO window and select "Project Scan Limits". Once there, click the blue "Add scan limit profile" button and follow the prompts to set limitations for each tool.
To apply the scan limit profile to a project, please proceed to the Dashboard > click the gear icon to open the project’s properties > select the scan limit profile from the drop-down list and click "Update".
- CAN I PERFORM BULK ACTIONS WITH A GROUP OF PROJECTS (DELETE, CHANGE SETTINGS, ETC.)?
Yes. When in the Dashboard, please find the "Bulk actions" button at the top right to proceed to the bulk actions area. The bulk actions which can be completed there are:
- editing project properties;
- changing scan limit profiles (Agency Unlimited);
- modifying the basic Rank Tracking settings;
- setting up scan schedule;
- deleting projects;
- rescanning tools.
- I HAVE SHARED MY PROJECT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF MY COLLEAGUE. WHAT’S NEXT?
Only registered WebCEO users can see the projects shared to them. Thus, your colleague needs to register an account at https://online.webceo.com using the email address that you shared the project to. Once they sign in with their registration email to our system, they will find the project you shared in their list of projects.
Note that a shared project passes the functionality available in your WebCEO service plan to the user it is shared to, but that applies to the shared project only. The Free Trial user will also be able to create two free projects of their own with the limits of their service plan (Free Trial). They should know that they will not be able to share these free projects with you.
- I HAVE A PAID SUBSCRIPTION PLAN AND SHARED MY PROJECT TO ANOTHER USER. WHY DOES YOUR SYSTEM STILL SAY THEY ARE ON THE FREE TRIAL/READ-ONLY PLAN?
When you share a project to another user you also share the functionality of your service plan, but this refers to the shared project only. Any project the user creates for themselves will have the functionality limits of their current service plan.
- Where can I check WebCEO API Reference documentation?
You can find the API documentation on our website (B2B Solutions > WebCEO API page).
While logged in to WebCEO service, go to Main menu/API to get an API key.
- If I use the "rescan_project" command for the same site twice during 24 hours, will I pay for two scans?
No. The Agency Unlimited subscribers won’t be charged twice for running Rank Tracking, Backlink Checker, Competitor Backlink Spy tools if the scanning parameters (tool settings) remain the same. If you modify the settings, we will use the cached data for unchanged parameters, and scan only the newly added values. So, you will pay only for fresh data requested by the new parameters.
- How do I know my multiple projects are connected to Google Search Console/Google Analytics?
Please use the Google Search Console API and the Google Analytics API to determine if your GA and GSC accounts have already been connected to a specific project.
- Do you have any SEO recommendations?
The most important SEO aspects and tips are available in the SEO Roadmap. You can find it within the Help Center section at the top right corner of your WebCEO account. You can print, export or email the SEO Roadmap tasks as a PDF file.
Apart from that, WebCEO offers a widget that will help you to structure your SEO work. A step-by-step DIY SEO Checklist is available for each project and can be found in any Project Dashboard in the Brief set of widgets mode.
- I AM LOOKING FOR A LOCAL SEO PLATFORM. WILL WEBCEO SUIT ME?
Definitely. You can use WebCEO to promote your site in your region:
- WebCEO’s Keyword Research tool allows you to check the number of local monthly searches for a certain keyword – this is critical because you will now have an idea about its popularity with your local audience.
- You can check rankings for a specific location and language (usually that of the users’ browsers), so you will know where exactly your target audience sees your site on search results pages.
- As a step to increase the local visibility of your site, use our Submission tool to register your site in local directories.
Besides, we have written the Post-Pigeon Local Business SEO Guide, which contains the latest recommendations to improve organic local search results. Feel free to download the local SEO Guide and use it to improve your sites.
6 Ways to See Local Business Rankings Like Your Customers Do: refer to this blog post to find out how the WebCEO Local Rank Tracker and other solutions can assist you.
- Keyword Research: Do you provide “monthly local searches” data?
Yes. To enable the local searches statistics, please open the Keyword Research tool and click the Settings button in the top right corner of the page. At the “Columns” tab make sure to check the “Google Local searches” box and then proceed to the “Google Local searches” tab. There you can set up the target location and language and thus get monthly local search data included in your reports. You can and should do the same procedure in the Rank Tracker settings.
- Keyword Research: What is KEI and how do I know which KEI is good?
KEI stands for the Keyword Effectiveness Index. The formula provides an idea on how effective a specific keyword would be if you were to optimize pages for it. The formula for KEI is
where GS stands for the number of global monthly searches and BC – for the bid competition on Google Adwords.
The higher the KEI ratio, the more popular your keyword is (more people are searching with that keyword), and the less competition it has (fewer website owners are bidding for it in Adwords). Consequently, the keywords with higher KEI should be better to use for optimization, unless those keywords are not likely to convert visitors into paying customers or whatever other goal you want from site visitors.
The KEI is evaluated as follows:
- fair: 0 – 4.99
- moderate: 5 – 9.99
- good: 10 -19.99
- excellent: 20+
- Rank Tracking: How do I view a ranking report for a certain date from the past?
In your Rank Tracking report find the "Last scan (date)" button in the top left corner of the report menu and click it to open the calendar. Navigate to the required specific scan date to view the scanning results.
If there was no scanning performed on that date, it will appear as grayed-out in the calendar.
- Backlink Profile: Some of my backlinks are reported as toxic. What should I do?
First of all, check to see if those links are really from spammy websites. If they happen to be from a respected website but only located on a crowded page with 100 other links, try to ask that site’s administrator to break down the list into more than one page where your link won’t be so crowded. When you are sure that a link is really undesirable, WebCEO will help you report it to Google, so it will be ignored by the search engine when analyzing your overall backlink profile.
To report links, go to Backlink Profile > My Backlinks > Toxic Pages, check the necessary links and click the “Report selected links to Google” button in the upper panel. Then follow the presented instructions to proceed with disavowing the harmful links.
- TRAFFIC ANALYSIS: I’VE ACCIDENTALLY CONNECTED THE WRONG ACCOUNT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Please revoke access to the current Google Analytics account – you will then be able to re-connect the right account. Here’s how to do it:
- Open any report of the Google Analytics in the Traffic Analysis module (e.g.: Tool Summary) and click "Settings" in the top-right corner.
- In the dialog window that appears, checkmark "Revoke access to Google Analytics for this project" and click "Save".
- Once done, you’ll be prompted to select the necessary Google Analytics account and choose the project to pull data from.
- Traffic Analysis: How/where do I configure Google Analytics in WebCEO?
Open the Traffic Analysis module in the left-side menu. Press the “Authorize a new Google account” button and select the proper profile (View name) from the list, if offered. Finish with clicking “Continue”.
- CONTENT SUBMISSION: WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
The "Content Submission" feature allows you to submit your website to 90+ high-quality search engines and directories.
Open the Content Submission tool and add your site to local and global search engines that are popular among your target audience: go to the project selector on the upper panel > Link Building > Content Submission.
The other tabs ("Standard", "Local", "eCommerce", "Content", "Blog" and "PPC") contain the list of search engines and directories available for manual submissions. This option is available for the paid service plans only.
Submitting your site to directories is a manual link building tactic that will never be obsolete.
A good idea for local business owners (e.g.: restaurant and hotel owners) is to add their site to directories listed in the “Local” tab. This will help improve their visibility among their target audience.
You may find a range of useful recommendations on how you can make use of this tool within your SEO Roadmap: Help Center > SEO Roadmap > Submission.
- Content Submission: Can I add a search engine/directory of my own?
No, sorry. There is no option to add a search engine/directory manually to the WebCEO Content Submission tool.
However, please feel free to email your suggestion to email@example.com. Should it be approved, the directory/SE will be added to the list.
- Web Buzz: How does it work?
The Web Buzz Monitoring tool points to conversations on discussion forums and blogs where your key phrases are mentioned, so that you can step in and make a comment. You can use Web Buzz as a reputation management tool.
To set it up, please go to Web Buzz Monitoring > Settings and specify the keywords you are interested in, being sure to enclose them in quotation marks in most cases. Try not to be too broad; for instance type “widgets Cleveland” instead of “widgets” if you are not interested in what people in England are saying about widgets. To use Web Buzz as a reputation management tool, enter your company name and the brand names and you’ll get all the most recent Google blog entries, forum articles and tweets where the specified keywords were mentioned. You will be amazed by the number of resources you find that can help you earn backlinks and new business.
Be sure to view the Twitter results for these keywords as well. Click the Twitter tab for this.
WebCEO tools in brief
We normally respond within 48 hours Monday through Friday.
Before asking a question, take a look at our FAQ section. Your question might be answered there.
Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org
and the @webceo.com domain to your safe sender list.