In a recent video Google’s head of search spam, Matt Cutts, said that you can use the disavow tool even if you do not see that Google team members have given you a “manual action” in your Google Webmaster Tools.
When to Use the Google Disavow Tool
- You, in the past, conducted bad SEO or hired a bad SEO who built bad links to your site and you can’t get those links removed.
- Your rankings dropped and you think the Google Penguin algorithm caused this drop.
- You noticed a link bomb attack and are afraid it might hurt your site.
- There are links to your site that you do not want to be associated with.
- Your site seems to have been hit by negative SEO.